ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multiple artifacts error for modules that don't have multiple artifacts
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 22:08:35 GMT
Carlton,

could you open a JIRA issue for this and attach (if possible) a simple example so we can easily
reproduce the problem (I've made a few attempts, but I failed to reproduce the problem)

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Carlton Brown <cbrown@silverpop.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 8:21:59 PM
Subject: RE: Multiple artifacts error for modules that don't have multiple artifacts

I looked through the code, and what I found is that in
RetrieveEngine.determineArtifactsToCopy, where it builds a map of
retrieval conflicts, the same artifact is getting inserted twice in the
conflict map for the same revision.   I don't believe this is correct.

This happens because one of the artifacts has an extra "qualified
attribute" called 'merged', which the other artifact does not have.
Since AbstractArtifact.equals() considers artifacts unequal if any of
the qualified attributes are different, the artifacts are considered
unequal and it causes a collision in
RetrieveEngine.determineArtifactsToCopy.

I am not sure the purpose of the 'merged' attribute, but should it
really determine equality of artifacts for retrieval?   I don't think it
should, but I'm not an expert.  Xavier?  Anyone?

Thanks,
Carlton

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE and DISCLAIMER***
This message and any attachment are confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and solely for
the use of the person(s) or entity to whom it is intended. If you
have received this message in error and are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that any use of this message is
prohibited and may be unlawful, and you must not copy this
message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.