ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From lemine youssef <youssef.m-lem...@nereide.biz>
Subject Re: transitive dependencies fails
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:50:28 GMT
Thanks again for your care,

<<What is the expected behavior from ivy?>>
I expected Ivy to get the latest version of moduleB for wich he can resolve
the dependency of moduleA, thats means:
I excpect that ivy take the latest version of B trys to resole its
dependencies
and in case of failure, Ivy should take the previous version of B and so
on until
it found a version of B for which the dependencies can be resolved.
if all version of B are tried without success the Ivy can stop and
return UNRESOLVED DEPENDENCY.

In my case I excpect that Ivy proceed this way
    a)- take the version 3.0 of addonB (dependency on addonA not satisfied);
    b)- take the version 2.0 of addonB (dependency on addonA not satisfied);
    c)- take the version 1.0 of addonB (dependency on addonA is now
satisfied);
    return success.

<<but what you are seeing? >>
Ivy is trying to resolve the dependency of the absolute latest version
of moduleB which is not possible, so he fails and stop.
In my case Ivy only tries the version 3.0 of B .

I hope is now clear
thank again for u'r time.

Youssef.