ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Michael Feinberg <mfeinb...@convexitycapital.com>
Subject size of ivy report files
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:08:47 GMT
Ivy reports are great and prove extremely valuable when time comes to
troubleshoot the dependencies. However, we found that it takes quite a
bit of time to generate them - we are seeing 15 to 20 seconds for a
single configuration's html report. And then there is size: a 160K xml
file turns into 40+M html. All of this puts (cpu+space) strain on the CI
system and we ended up commenting the reporting part out of our build
scripts.

So my questions are: 1) had anyone seen this and how did you work around
it? 2) if i only generate the xml report, how do i turn it into html at
some later time? it is probably a "duh" question, but i did not see any
way to pass the xml input to the "report" ant task so that it could
generate the html and graph files for me.

we are running ivy 2.0.0 on jdk5;
thank you.
This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipients above and contains confidential
information.  If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by
replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system.  Any
unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.