ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Sinclair <j...@cooljeff.co.uk>
Subject Re: size of ivy report files
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 23:21:55 GMT
We don't run with resolved ivy files from the previous builds, what we
do is the following (from an Ivy perspective):

1. Use the ivy buildlist Ant Task to work out what order we need to
build the 20 projects in.
2. Use the build list to invoke ant on each project in the correct
order.
3. Use the ivy resolve Ant Task to resolve the dependencies.
4. Use the ivy deliver task to deliver an ivy file for the remaining
projects in the build list to resolve against.

In step 4. we have a shadow resolver installed for other projects to
pick up the delivered Ivy file. We should probably be using the built-in
'integration' mechanism but that is the way we do things at the moment.

As you can see, for CI, we never do the report generation which creates
the html files.

I don't know of a built-in way to do this in Ivy besides doing the
transformation yourself with the stylesheet bundled with Ivy. However as
mentioned we simply run the Ivy report Ant task in isolation when we are
ready to release (or if we need to debug which is rare). This does mean
the XML files are regenerated but that is not really an issue for us.

For CI we never call
On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 14:31 -0500, Michael Feinberg wrote:
> So you run another build with the resolved ivy from the previous build?
> Do you know of any way to turn the xml report into html (or graph) at
> some later time?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
> This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipients above and contains confidential
information.  If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by
replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system.  Any
unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.