ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Peter Hale <cur.m.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Help understanding dependency element include w/ matcher
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:40:57 GMT
I have a module that has a dependency on a number of jar files which all
come from the same dependency. The artifacts are resolved using a packager
that expands a war file. Given that I do not control the number of artifacts
in the war I would like to use include elements that ask for all artifacts
of type jar.

This is how the dependency is coded in my ivy.xml:

<dependency name="com.sun.jersey" rev="1.0.2.0" >
<include name="*" matcher="glob" type="jar"/>
</dependency>

and when I run the build the resolve fails stating the file <resolver
path>/com.sun.jersey/1.0.2.0/jars/com.sun.jersey.jar cannot be resolved.

If I change the name attribute to include part of the name for a file I
knows exists, asm-3.1.jar, the resolve fails with the message:

ERROR: a required artifact is not listed by module descriptor: *#*!asm*.jar

<dependency name="com.sun.jersey" rev="1.0.2.0" >
<include name="asm*" matcher="glob" type="jar"/>
</dependency>

The question is am I using this feature correctly?

The documentation seems to support what I am trying (from Ivy dependency
include html page)

"the name of an artifact of the dependency module to add to the include
list, or an expression matching this name (see matcher attribute below)"

Thank you,

Pete