ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Ormerod <a...@ormerods.net>
Subject Re: Slower resolve times after upgrading from Ivy 1.X to Ivy 2.X
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:53:41 GMT

I've now traced "> By looking at the http trace more I realised they were
showing an older 1.4 version of apache ivy was getting picked up from my
Eclipse classpath. Fully removing these so that it picked up v2.1 correctly
made it go back to the original speed.

Thanks,

Andrew

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:45:00 +0000, Andrew Ormerod
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've just upgraded our application to use ivy 2.0 (from ivy 1.x). As
part
> of it we're seeing that the time taken to resolve versions is much
larger
> (overall ant task goes from ~30 seconds to approximately two and half
> minutes).
>
> From enabling the triggers logging & looking at the http/tcp trace
traffic
> it seems that the slowness is caused by the version matching that Ivy 2
is
> trying to do. We have our modules setup to match on versions like 3.2.+
or
> 4.2.+ but I can see that http requests are happening on versions that
could
> never match (e.g. 0.10.5). If I change to have exact matches the
> performance returns to the
~30 seconds region. (In each case no actually