ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Aston <Timothy.As...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Loading a dependency into 2 configurations?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:25:09 GMT

I feel like this is a basic question.  I'm still quite new to Ivy and
haven't fully grasped all the concepts yet, so maybe there is a totally
different way of doing this.

My situation is that I've got some dependencies that I need for both
compiling and running.  Thus far, I've had one configuration for
compile-time dependencies, and a second one for run-time dependencies.
This makes it quite simple since I can just point at one folder for my
compile classpath, and the other folder for my runtime (a WAR file).  What
I was thinking is that I could just specify something like:

      conf="dev->default, install->default"

on my dependency, but that gives an error.

Is there a better way of achieving this?

-Tim