ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Dependency descriptor mediation
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:37:26 GMT
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help with the following problem:

I have a complex dependency graph in which all dependencies are resolved dynamically (using
Version Range Matcher  -  revConstraint="[1.1,2.0[" for example). I have a use case in which
I need to override the revision of a particular transitive dependency from the root of my
graph, without having to introduce a dependence on that transitive dependency in my root node.

My understanding of the documentation is that using the <override> element in my root
node's <dependencies> element will achieve this:

I'm puzzled however, by the results of my experiments with this. If I make the value of "rev"
outside what is permitted by the "revConstraint" on that dependency, I get the following message:

[ivy:resolve] dependency descriptor has been mediated: dependency:;1.1
{*=[*]} => dependency: MyDependency;0.9 {*=[*]}

While this sounds like it's doing the job, the resulting report shows that this mediation
has not occurred at all. If I set the "rev" in the <override> to a value that sits inside
the "revConstraint", my desired use case, the above log message does not appear, and the report
also shows that the override has been ignored.

Are <override> elements ignored for dynamic resolution? If so, does anybody know a way
of achieving this given I have no conflicts?

Could it be that I'm using the default
Kind regards,