ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Ormerod <a...@ormerods.net>
Subject Slower resolve times after upgrading from Ivy 1.X to Ivy 2.X
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:45:00 GMT

Hi,

We've just upgraded our application to use ivy 2.0 (from ivy 1.x). As part
of it we're seeing that the time taken to resolve versions is much larger
(overall ant task goes from ~30 seconds to approximately two and half
minutes).

>From enabling the triggers logging & looking at the http/tcp trace traffic
it seems that the slowness is caused by the version matching that Ivy 2 is
trying to do. We have our modules setup to match on versions like 3.2.+ or
4.2.+ but I can see that http requests are happening on versions that could
never match (e.g. 0.10.5). If I change to have exact matches the
performance returns to the ~30 seconds region. (In each case no actually
new binaries / revisions are downloaded as they are in the local cache)

When this resolve behaviour is combined with the repository on the other
end of a WAN & large numbers of published builds it seems that this takes a
long time and significantly slows things down.

Has this been seen before? (From googling, I
found a couple of "close but
not quite" matches).
Any suggestions on how to change this (ideally in config)?

Thanks,

Andrew