ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject install task from Maven repo misses TRANSITIVE source artifacts
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2009 05:14:34 GMT
I've been trying to run ivy:install where the source repository is a Maven
repository.

I'm cognizant of the problem of binary, source, and Javodoc artifacts for
the same module overwriting each other unless you take special care to
distinguish them. So I made sure to incorporate a [type] entry in my
destination Ivy repository's artifact pattern:
<artifact
pattern="${...}/[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
/>

A funny thing happened when I did this. For the particular module on which I
ran ivy:install, it worked. For that generated Ivy module, jars, javadocs,
and sources directories appeared in the destination repository, with the
correct contents inside. But, for all that module's recursive transitive
dependencies, only a jars directory showed up. The source and Javadocs were
lost.

Reading through past mailing list threads, I saw a suggestion to use a
[classifier] entry, even though the documentation only refers to that in the
context of a packager resolver. So I tried the following artifact pattern:
<artifact
pattern="${...}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact](-[classifier]).[ext]"
/>

And the result? Same problem. The source and javadoc artifacts show up for
the "root" module; they disappear for the rest.

For the record, my source Maven resolver is specified like so:
<ibiblio name="maven2.resolver" m2compatible="true" root="
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2" />

And I specify install like so:
      <ivy:install matcher="exact"
                   transitive="true"
                   overwrite="true"
                   organisation="..."
                   module="..."
                   revision="..."
                   from="..."

Anyone have success getting source and Javadoc artifacts to show up
transitively on an ivy:install from Maven?