ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: rolling back version issue
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 07:25:53 GMT
This is a know bug, cfr https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1044
Current workarounds are to add the revsision to the retrieve pattern, or clean your retrieve
directory before retrieving.

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 10:33:35 PM
Subject: rolling back version issue

Hi,

I have the following problem. If I have a retrieve pattern which does not include the revision
of an artifact, retrieve does not roll back the artifact.
Let's say I have retrieved revision 200 of abc.jar; if I want to retrieve revision 199 afterwards,
the retrieve does not roll back. I am doing this with an ivy.xml where the version is a property.
I am using ivy version 2.1.0-rc2.

Here is the ivy.xml which I am using

<ivy-module version="1.4">
<info organisation="saic" module="autodeployment"/>
<!-- this ivy file is meant to be used for CityTime branch 5.2 and higher -->
<configurations>
   <conf name="logdaemon"/>
   <conf name="default"/>
   <conf name="configzips"/>
</configurations>
<dependencies>
   <dependency org="saic"
       name="${applicationName}"
       rev="${anthill.version}"
       conf="default->@">
     <artifact name="ct_consolidated" type="ear"/>
   </dependency>
   <dependency org="saic" name="${applicationName}"
       rev="${anthill.version}"
       conf="configzips->@"/>
   <dependency org="apache" name="log4j" rev="1.2.14" conf="logdaemon->default"/>
</dependencies>
</ivy-module>

Regards,

Antoine