ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using Ivy to automate build
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:08:57 GMT
I think you've hit a limitation of th ivy:buildlist task.
Perhaps you can create a JIRA issue for it...

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Jonathan Oulds <jonathan@sbdev.net>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Tue, November 24, 2009 6:13:46 PM
Subject: Using Ivy to automate build

Dear all,

I am using Ant+Ivy to specify the dependencies within a large software project containing
a mixture of C++ and Java code.  I then use ivy:buildlist to ensure that all targets are build
in the correct order.

However I have now run into a problem.  Namely that the list of build.xml files may be different
for different configurations, however ivy:buildlist does not seem to take account of configuration
information within ivy files.

Now I'm sure the the answer to this will be "simply resolve each project before it is built,
then the build order is irrelevant" however in this particular case I need to build without
access to the artefact repository.

Am I out of luck in hoping that Ivy can help automate my build.  Or has anyone come across
the same problem and arrived at an ingenious solution?

Thanks in advance
Jonathan