ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Carlton Brown" <cbr...@silverpop.com>
Subject Non-matching version detected when sorting
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:56:58 GMT
Can someone help me understand what 'matching' means in the context of
this error message?

[ivy:resolve] Non matching revision detected when sorting.
mycompany#mcmarketer depends on mycompany#mccommon-ui#trunk;trunk677,
doesn't match mycompany#mccommon-ui#common-ui-1.7-maint;1.7.0.4

In my chained repository I have the stored the same module with
different revisions at different branches.   It would be normal for Ivy
to fetch all of these into cache during a resolve.   If they conflict,
I'd expect an eviction warning, not "non matching revision".   Is this
part of a consistency check maybe?

Later, during retrieve, I get this error message, though I'm not sure if
they're related.   I checked the retrieve pattern and the ivy.xml file,
there are no similarly named artifacts and the retrieve pattern looks
reasonably unambiguous.

build.xml:107: impossible to ivy retrieve: java.lang.RuntimeException:
problem during retrieve of mycompany#mcwidgetsuitereporting:
java.lang.RuntimeException:

Multiple artifacts of the module
mycompany#mccommon-ui#common-ui-1.7-maint;1.7.0.4 are retrieved to the
same file! Update the retrieve pattern  to fix this error.

Thanks in advance,

Carlton

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE and DISCLAIMER***
This message and any attachment are confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and solely for
the use of the person(s) or entity to whom it is intended. If you
have received this message in error and are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that any use of this message is
prohibited and may be unlawful, and you must not copy this
message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.