ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Carlton Brown" <cbr...@silverpop.com>
Subject Consistency check failing on branch information
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 22:20:01 GMT
Can someone explain exactly the purpose of the consistency check that
Ivy performs?   The documentation says it compares checking between what
is expected and what is actually found.   But what is actually
'expected', and why?

Currently I've got a situation where Ivy is failing with "bad branch
name" every time it encounters a module that has a branch name other
than what the dependency declares.    If I turn off the consistency
check then the error disappears, but then I wonder what I am risking by
doing this.

 I don't understand this behavior.   Is it expected for Ivy not to
tolerate modules of multiple different branches in the same resolver?

Thanks,

Carlton

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE and DISCLAIMER***
This message and any attachment are confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and solely for
the use of the person(s) or entity to whom it is intended. If you
have received this message in error and are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that any use of this message is
prohibited and may be unlawful, and you must not copy this
message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.