ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Oulds <jonat...@sbdev.net>
Subject Using Ivy to automate build
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:13:46 GMT
Dear all,

I am using Ant+Ivy to specify the dependencies within a large software
project containing a mixture of C++ and Java code.  I then use
ivy:buildlist to ensure that all targets are build in the correct order.

However I have now run into a problem.  Namely that the list of
build.xml files may be different for different configurations, however
ivy:buildlist does not seem to take account of configuration information
within ivy files.

Now I'm sure the the answer to this will be "simply resolve each project
before it is built, then the build order is irrelevant" however in this
particular case I need to build without access to the artefact repository.

Am I out of luck in hoping that Ivy can help automate my build.  Or has
anyone come across the same problem and arrived at an ingenious solution?

Thanks in advance
Jonathan