ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <archie.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sources as conf or type
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:41:56 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Stephen Haberman
<stephen@exigencecorp.com>wrote:

> Poking around, the projects in ivyroundup I looked at seemed to have source
> artifacts in the default conf and not have a separate sources conf.
>
> Is this the official style of the ivyroundup repo or does it vary based on
> who setup each package?
>
> I checked the style guide [1] and didn't see anything about sources in
> particular. Would it be worth making the convention explicit?

Most modules in Ivy Roundup publish just a single source artifact (usually
called "sources.zip"), and it therefore is not assigned to a specific
configuration.

There are a handful of modules that publish multiple source artifacts, and
for the most part these do assign the source artifacts to the appropriate
configurations... for example,
Spring<file:///home/archie/projects/ivyroundup/trunk/repo/modules/org.springframework/spring/2.5.6/ivy.xml>and
Hibernate<file:///home/archie/projects/ivyroundup/trunk/repo/modules/org.hibernate/hibernate/3.3.2.GA/ivy.xml>
.

I will add explicit guidelines to the style guide to this effect.

Thanks,
-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs