ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Western <gar...@garethwestern.com>
Subject Re: Loading a dependency into 2 configurations?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:42:09 GMT
Hi Tim,

We do something similar. Our "run-time" configuration extends the
"compile-time" one. We use the "cachepath" ant task to create the
classpath for the compile time dependencies, and then the
"cachefileset" task to create a fileset of jars to copy into the WAR
file.

so our ivy xml has something like this:
  <configurations>
    <conf name="compile" extends="war"/>
    <conf name="war" />
  </configurations>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency org="javax.servlet" name="servlet-api" rev="2.4"
conf="compile->default"/>
    <dependency org="ojdbc14" name="ojdbc14" rev="10.2.0.4"
conf="compile->default"/>
    <dependency org="stax" name="stax" rev="1.2.0" conf="war->default"/>
    <dependency org="jcommon" name="jcommon" rev="0.8.2" conf="war->default"/>

and the ant scripts use:
    <ivy:cachepath pathid="classpath" conf="compile" />
    <ivy:cachefileset setid="webimpact-lib" conf="war" />

But keeping the configurations completely separate is ok too. The only
reason you're getting the error (i think) is because you should use a
semicolon instead of a colon.

i.e. conf="dev->default;install->default"

And you can also specify multiple configurations on the left hand side
of the "->" to save time

i.e. conf="dev,install->default"

Regards,

Gareth