ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Haberman <step...@exigencecorp.com>
Subject Re: sources as conf or type
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:13:21 GMT

Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> Finally I just prefer type because it seems simpler to me. And
> pragmatically because Ivy didn't support configuration intersection before
> 2.1. And IvyDE today find sources thanks to the "type".

Thanks for the reply, Nicolas.

I'm starting to deprecate the separate sources conf on projects I work on
and thought to check one more thing--I haven't really started using the
ivyroundup repo, but it seems promising.

Poking around, the projects in ivyroundup I looked at seemed to have source
artifacts in the default conf and not have a separate sources conf.

Is this the official style of the ivyroundup repo or does it vary based on
who setup each package?

I checked the style guide [1] and didn't see anything about sources in
particular. Would it be worth making the convention explicit?

Thanks,
Stephen

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/ivyroundup/wiki/ModuleMaintainerGuidelines