ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Juha Ranta <juha.ra...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: dependencies failed using branch attribute
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:55:15 GMT

Daniel Schwager wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i tried to use the branch attribute inside my projekt DEV like this:
>
> 	<ivy-module version="1.1">
> 		<info ... module="DEV" ....
>
> 		<dependency org="testng" name="testng"
> 			branch="mybranch1" rev="latest.integration"
> 			conf="compile,tests->default"/>
>
> If I now try to resolve my dependencies, it failed
> because ivy 2.1.0 try to resolve the latest version (5.6) of
> testng/testng
> which has NO branch-keyword inside it's ivy.xml. The ivy.xml
> of version testng/testng/4.6 contains the following:

When I saw your ivy.xml of the published module version 5.6, I think it had
an empty branch attribute branch="". Maybe Ivy doesn't like empty branch
names and that's why it doesn't like ivy.xml of version 5.6. If you want to
use the default branch, you can perhaps omit the branch attribute completely
and set the defaultBranch in ivysettings, or write the default branch name
there.

Juha