ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE, SSH repositories, and Eclipse update
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:39:38 GMT
I just tried and Ivy works fine with jcraft 0.1.42.
So my guess is that Eclipse provides a version of jcraft older than 0.1.31, which is the minimum
version required for Ivy...

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Sat, November 21, 2009 8:27:34 PM
Subject: Re: IvyDE, SSH repositories, and Eclipse update

Le 20 nov. 2009 à 13:10, Keith Hatton a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using IvyDE-2.0.0-final and JCraft 0.1.42 in Eclipse 3.2.2. When my
> project uses a component stored in a repository based on SSH, I get an
> Eclipse error message 'The resolve job of ivy.xml in [project name] has
> unexpectedly stopped'. I didn't find anything that looked related in JIRA.
> Anyone got suggestions on how to get past this? Which version of the JCraft
> plug-in is recommended for IvyDE?

It seems that the jcraft installed in you Eclipse is not compatible with the one required
by Ivy, and Ivy is still trying to use it. Ivy should be more conservative about the version
of jcraft it is using.
Could you open a bug in Ivy please ?

Currently Ivy is compiled with jcraft 0.1.31. You can try to put that version in Eclipse.
But you will have to remove the 0.1.42, as Ivy doesn't have any restriction (yet) on the version
of jcraft it should use, it can still pick up the wrong one if both are present.

> This is what's appearing in my Eclipse log.
>
> !ENTRY org.apache.ivyde.eclipse 4 4 2009-11-20 12:00:10.535
> !MESSAGE The resolve job of ivy.xml in '[project name]' has unexpectedly
> stopped
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.jcraft.jsch.Session.setDaemonThread(Z)V
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.repository.ssh.SshCache.getSession(SshCache.java:330)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.repository.ssh.AbstractSshBasedRepository.getSession(
> AbstractSshBasedRepository.java:108)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.repository.ssh.SshRepository.resolveResource(SshRepos
> itory.java:82)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.repository.ssh.SshResource.resolve(SshResource.java:1
> 01)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.repository.ssh.SshResource.exists(SshResource.java:70
> )
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.RepositoryResolver.findResourceUsingPattern(
> RepositoryResolver.java:90)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.AbstractPatternsBasedResolver.findResourceUs
> ingPatterns(AbstractPatternsBasedResolver.java:93)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.AbstractPatternsBasedResolver.findIvyFileRef
> (AbstractPatternsBasedResolver.java:72)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.BasicResolver.getDependency(BasicResolver.ja
> va:222)
> at
> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IvyResolveJob.findAllArtifactOnRefresh(
> IvyResolveJob.java:408)
> at
> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IvyResolveJob.access$5(IvyResolveJob.ja
> va:395)
> at
> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IvyResolveJob$1.run(IvyResolveJob.java:
> 265)
>

> Also, if I try to run Eclipse update, it's complaining about the IvyDE site:
> Unable to access " <http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite>
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite".
>    Error parsing site stream. [White spaces are required between publicId
> and systemId.]
>    Error parsing site stream. [White spaces are required between publicId
> and systemId.]

This updatesite doesn't exist anymore, you should use the new one:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite

Nicolas