ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Lercher" <>
Subject Re: Source-attachments from my own repository
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:21:46 GMT
Ah, that's interesting. You're right, I can use anything, from any namespace (except for the
"noNamespace"). It feels a little unusual though, because I'm declaring the ""
namespace in the ivy.xml of commons-lang, but not in the ivysettings.xml.

So what happens if I declare two namespaces in my ivy.xml:

and then I write

<artifact name="commons-lang" type="javadoc" ext="jar" m:classifier="sources" foo:classifier="evil"/>

? I tried it, and I get an error when trying to resolve (which is a good thing). But somehow
I feel, that this is against the concept of namespaces (whose purpose is to avoid name clashes
in the first place). Not a big issue though. Just somehow against my intuition.

What's more important: Should I stick with the "" namespace
and the "classifier" attribute name? Or is there already some kind of standard on this?

View raw message