ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Klaas Prause ...@blau.de>
Subject AW: Finding dependent projects
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:29:04 GMT
Hi,

I don't know if this is helpful, but here is what we did to trigger builds preventing a build
storm with nearly infinite rebuilds.

you don't like "build storms" you should base your triggers on the old CruiseControl plugin
Ivycruise or something like this. It does the triggering roughly in the following way:
1. check all projects if the DIRECTLY depend on build project, no transitive dependencies
for triggering
2. use the ivy feature to order all depend builds, this results in a list where the projects
that have most dependencies on other projects are at the end.

Example (x -> y, x depends on y):
A -> B -> C
D -> C
B -> D
E -> C

1. C is build.
2. B, D and E will be triggered
3. sort projects so that least depend projects come first: E, D, B, or D, E, B

After E is build it triggers B and no build storm occurs. If you have a lot of build queue
it could happen that B is build several times.

Regards Klaas

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----