ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tim Brown <tpbr...@gmail.com>
Subject IvyDE workspace resolver not exporting to WTP classpath?
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:53:05 GMT
Hello,

I'm using IvyDE 2.1.0.200910131402-hudson-74 and am having a problem with
workspace projects not being exported to the WTP classpath for launching
Tomcat.

Here's the scenario:

   - WAR module depends on Module A
   - Module A depends upon Module B
   - WAR & B are on the workspace
   - Resolving WAR shows the binary for A, and the workspace project for B
   in the IvyDE container as expected
   - Java EE module dependencies are exported
   - WAR does not have a project reference to B -- it's only linked via Ivy.

Ivy[DE] resolves as expected, the workspace builds, and everything looks
'normal'.  Publish to Tomcat6, the WAR starts firing up, then fails with a
NoClassDefFound for B.

The only potentially odd thing that I have is the use of two IvyDE
containers on the projects.  One for the 'test' conf (compilation & unit
testing), and another for the 'runtime' conf (anything necessary for
runtime).  Both show the appropriate references when expanded.

Anyone else having issues with the workspace resolver like this?  Suggestion
on how to track it down?

Thanks much,

~Tim