ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Glidden, Douglass A" <Douglass.A.Glid...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: Different revision schemes for different status
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:02:23 GMT
Felix,

I'm not necessarily an Ivy "power user", but that scheme definitely looks reasonable to me;
it's actually quite similar to the one I'm using on my project.  AFAIK, the only customizing
you would need to do for this scheme is to set up a custom latest-revision in your latest-strategies
with specialMeaning elements for "M" and "I", for instance assigning "M" a value of -2 and
"I" a value of -3.  See the "latest-strategies" page of the docs (http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/latest-strategies.html)
for more details on setting up custom latest-strategies.

Doug Glidden
Software Engineer
The Boeing Company
Douglass.A.Glidden@boeing.com

-----Original Message-----
From: felix_do@web.de [mailto:felix_do@web.de]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 15:44
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Different revision schemes for different status

I'm starting with ivy, trying to set up a company repository.
I'd like to use different revision schemes based on the status of a module. For example:

Status 'release' => just version number, e.g 1.0 Status 'milestone' => version number
+ 'M' + milestone number, e.g. 1.0-M1 Status 'integration' => version number + 'I' + build
date, e.g.
1.0-I200910262000

Does such a scheme look reasonable, or even dangerous?

Thanks for any comment,
Felix