ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Axelsson <>
Subject Retrieve fails to revert to earlier version
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:43:06 GMT
Is it intended behavior that reverting to an older version of a dependency requires a clean-lib
before retrieve? The RetrieveEngine seem to only check the dates of files when it determines
what to copy to the lib dir after a resolve.

1.       Make ivy.xml depend on some module 1.0.

2.       Clean the lib dir.

3.       Running retrieve populates the lib dir with the correct files.

4.       Update the ivy.xml to depend on version 2.0.

5.       Running retrieve populates the lib dir with the correct files.

6.       Revert ivy.xml back to depend on version 1.0.

7.       Run retrieve and see Ivy say that no files are required. The lib dir still contains
the 2.0 files.

Resolve will correctly log that it resolves against the specified version and the resolve
log and cache are updated with the correct versions at all times.

Also, if for some reason the 1.0 version has a later date than the 2.0 version, say it's a
late bug fix, 2.0 wouldn't overwrite 1.0 in step 5.

My solution at the moment is to have my ant script run a clean-lib if the ivy.xml is newer
than the lib folder, but it feels like a kludge.