ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: sources as conf or type
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:13:30 GMT

Le 30 oct. 2009 à 04:43, Stephen Haberman a écrit :

> Niklas Matthies-2 wrote:
>>
>> If types were hierarchical nodes in a category graph, and a mapping
>> mechanism would be provided like for confs, then I would agree with
>> you. Types would be almost like a second type of confs then. Which I
>> think would be very useful.
>>

> Hm...true, types are flat and non-mappable.
>
> For me living mostly in a java/ibiblio world, the "all binaries"
> super type
> isn't a problem--since I haven't used ivy for non-java projects, I
> don't
> know how often the "any binary type even if I don't know about it
> ahead of
> time" thing would come up. Though I understand the gist of it.
>

> Niklas Matthies-2 wrote:
>>
>>> Where I'll get the jetty source but not the jetty-util source
>>> because they forgot the "sources->sources(*)" mapping.
>>
>> Luckily there's dual resolvers. ;)
>> Yes, it's not ideal, but at least you *can* do something about it
>> that
>> way.
>>

> Hehe, okay, technically yes, but yuck. The pom->ivy translation
> works well
> enough for me that I'd prefer to not maintain other projects' ivy
> files by
> hand just because of the non-transitive source.
>
> Which I talked myself into it being a bug:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1137

Sorry I didn't have time to reply to this interesting discussion.
Actually I already have that discussion around the same issue in pom /
ivy mapping there:
http://old.nabble.com/pom2ivy-and-transitive-source-retrieving-to25112985.html#a25112985

I "just" (shame on me) forgot to actually implement the solution we
agreed on. I'll do soon.

Nicolas