ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically resolving dependencies
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:15:53 GMT
To exclude a dependency, add a global exclude to your module descriptor:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/exclude.html
I don't know if this is supported in a maven pom, if not, you can add it programmatically
to your parsed module descriptor

There are Ivy snapshots available on the Apache Hudson server:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Ant/job/Ivy/

Could you give more details what the problem is you have with this classifier?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: dreedyman <dennis.reedy@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Fri, October 16, 2009 12:03:44 AM
Subject: Re: Programmatically resolving dependencies

Maarten Coene wrote:

> The filter is is called after the resolve process to exclude some
> artifacts from being downloaded.
> In your case, it is the resolve process that fails, so Ivy won't start
> downloading the artifacts and won't call your filter.

Okay, that makes sense. However, it might be nice to be able to declare that
I want to exclude some dependencies and have Ivy not even consider them for
resolution. Is there a way for me to do that?

Sorry for the scope creep, but I do have another question on how to resolve
a maven artifact with a classifier. Can you provide guidance for this?

Maarten Coene wrote:

> Btw, I've committed a fix into SVN trunk to make Ivy accept this kind of
> POMs. Could you please give it a try and see if your circular dependency
> error has been fixed?

You dont have that as a snapshot in a maven repository do you? :)

If not I'll grab and it and build it

Thanks