ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Lindberg <fredri...@gmail.com>
Subject ivysettings.xml
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:59:37 GMT
Hi!

I am trying to setup an enterprise repository using ivy. My problem is how
to externalize ivysettings.xml from projects. I don't e.g. want there to be
any absolute paths in the build file to ivysettings.xml. This is something
that should be localy configured for each user/machine. A user might e.g.
chose to use a copy of the company repository when working offline and
accessing it via a URL normally. Also I have to take into account that some
users use unix/linux and others windows. There might e.g. differences in how
paths are managed.

I have thought about overriding the default ivysettings.xml and I have read
how to change the default settings, but it does not say how to make use of
them here(!):

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/tutorial/defaultconf.html

I tried creating a new ivysettings.xml in my .ivy2 folder, but that does not
appear to work. I know that I could unpack the ivy.jar file and change the
default settings in there, but that cannot be the expected way? Also I can
use the configure or settings task in ant, but the problem then is that the
path has to be absolute (something that was not the case prior to ivy 2.1).
Is there any location that Ivy looks for an ivysettings.xml outside of the
ivy.jar by default that I can make use of, or is there e.g. an environment
variable I can set for forcing it to do so?

/ Fredrik (2009-10-19).