ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ivy Tools Suite now available!
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:46:32 GMT
Excellent work Douglas!
I've added a reference to your project on the Ivy website.

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Douglas Bullard <dbullard@nurflugel.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Sun, October 11, 2009 2:17:49 AM
Subject: Ivy Tools Suite now available!

I use Ivy daily in large projects, and it’s made life a whole lot easier.  But I always
felt it was lacking in tools for managing and browsing repositories - so I wrote some.  A
suite of tools, actually.  They’re all open-source, available on my Google Code project
(Ivy-Tools).

To download and use these (they’re all Java WebStart, requiring JRE 1.6+), go to my project
page at: http://ivy-tools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/webstart/index.html

What are the tools?  There are four of them:

Ivy Browser - Search an Ivy repository for libraries, packages, and versions by key words.
 Click on a line in the UI to paste the needed text into your Ivy file.

Ivy Builder - Easily add new items into your repository, and link the dependencies to existing
items.  Generates the repository XML file and needed checksums.

Ivy Grapher - My favorite!  Graph your Ivy reports (in the .ivy folder) to see what's not
being used. Redundant or evicted revisions called out by your ivy.xml file show up in red.
 Example images are visible on a link here.  Note that this application needs AT&T's GraphViz
viewer to be installed to work (OS X, Linux, and Windows) - http://www.graphviz.org/ .

Ivy Formatter: - Easily format your Ivy files so they’re pretty.  Lines up all those orgs,
modules, revs, etc.

Feedback is appreciated - bugs welcome.  This is a Google Code project, so if you’ve got
ideas, contributors are welcome.

Enjoy!

Douglas Bullard
Nurflugel.com