ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tjeerd Verhagen <tjeerd.verha...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a reason for not having an exception hierarchy in Ivy?
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:47:03 GMT
Hello ivy users / developers,

just was scanning through the Ivy code, and wanted to make a little
improvement for easier creation of stand alone applications to make use of
Ivy functionality. Which also means that the Main run(...) should not call a
System.exit(1), I would like to throw an exception like IvyException(...),
but it does not exist (yet). Is there any reason for this?

Also I hat expected that (for example) the
org.apache.ivy.util.cli.ParseException, would have extended from an
IvyException. There is probably a good reason for all this, please give a
little explenation.

Thank you!

Regards, Tjeerd