ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tjeerd Verhagen <>
Subject Re: Programmatic use of Ivy
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:36:16 GMT

Not sure if my solution still works, but years ago, I already saw this
opportunity to use Ivy for loading the run-time jars, required by some
application. I actually managed to start up the application, whit minimal
number of jars. After that no extra jars, where needed to be delivered with
the application. As long as they could be found through the referenced Ivy
I think I even sent in a 'patch' for this feature (Ivy needed a little
change) to make it possible (at that time). But at that time it was not
added to the release, as it was just before the finalization of v2.0.0
(incubation time at Apache).

Only a little configuration was needed at that time, can't remember how it
was done exactly. Let me know if someone is interested in this code (of that
time). Not sure how strong Ivy's interfaces and classes have changed in the
mean time.

Regards, Tjeerd