ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Craig Setera <cr...@mfoundry.com>
Subject IvyDE Source Attachments?
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:51:12 GMT
I've been reading with some interest the conversation about source (as
conf or type).  I'm not really too worked up about which way to
represent them, but I'm very interested in getting source attachments
working in IvyDE now that I know it should be possible.  Unfortunately,
I'm having trouble getting it to actually work and I'm not sure what is
going on.  I have defined my artifacts as:

<publications>
<artifact name="mb-common" ext="jar" type="jar" conf="dist"/>
<artifact name="mb-common-src" ext="jar" type="source" conf="dist"/>
</publications>

In stepping through the Ivy code, I can see that it has found the
appropriate source artifact going into the
PreferenceStoreInfo#getSourceAttachment:

/Users/setera/.ivy2/adhoc/repository/mfoundry.mbanking/mb-common/2.1.13/jars/mb-common-2.1.13-src.jar

When stepping into:

     public IPath getSourceAttachment(Path path) {
         String srcPath =
preferenceStore.getString(path.toPortableString() + SRC_SUFFIX);

Unfortunately, this always seems to return the project as the root,
which isn't correct in this case:

/MB_Common

I'm not entirely sure what is going on or what those project-level
preferences should be doing.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Craig