ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Martin Weber <>
Subject Re: latest IvyDE broken: does no longer follow linked folders (
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:07:02 GMT
Nicolas Lalevée schrieb:
> Le 16 oct. 09 à 18:26, Martin Weber a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>> I just upgraded IvyDE to Version
>> In our setup, we used linke folders to point to the project's source
>> files. The latest version of IvyDE fails with that setup.
>> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.IvyDEException: The ivy.xml file
>> 'C:\Projects\st\<module>\EclipseProjectFiles\testrunmgt\content\ivy.xml'
>> was not found
>>     at
>> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IvyClasspathContainerState.getModuleDescriptor(
>>     at
>>     at
> When you say "linked folders", is it like the symbolic links in the Unix
> world ?

No, these linked folders are Eclipse-specific. We use a set up, where
the eclipse project files (and settings) are kept away from the source
files. Each eclipse project has a linked folder named 'content', which
points to the source directory.
In Eclipse, you may create a linked folder by opening
Project|Properties|Java build Path|Source and then clicking on 'Link

> Could you open a Jira about it ? thanks

I tried. But I don't see any 'New Issue' button there after I logged in
to Jira.

View raw message