ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Martin Weber <m.we...@razorcat.com>
Subject Re: latest IvyDE broken: does no longer follow linked folders (2.1.0.200910131402-hudson-74)
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:07:02 GMT
Nicolas Lalevée schrieb:

> Le 16 oct. 09 à 18:26, Martin Weber a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just upgraded IvyDE to Version 2.1.0.200910131402-hudson-74.
>>
>> In our setup, we used linke folders to point to the project's source
>> files. The latest version of IvyDE fails with that setup.
>>
>> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.IvyDEException: The ivy.xml file
>> 'C:\Projects\st\<module>\EclipseProjectFiles\testrunmgt\content\ivy.xml'
>> was not found
>>     at
>> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IvyClasspathContainerState.getModuleDescriptor(IvyClasspathContainerState.java:389)
>>
>>     at
>> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IvyResolveJob.run(IvyResolveJob.java:73)
>>
>>     at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
>
> When you say "linked folders", is it like the symbolic links in the Unix
> world ?

No, these linked folders are Eclipse-specific. We use a set up, where
the eclipse project files (and settings) are kept away from the source
files. Each eclipse project has a linked folder named 'content', which
points to the source directory.
In Eclipse, you may create a linked folder by opening
Project|Properties|Java build Path|Source and then clicking on 'Link
Source'.

> Could you open a Jira about it ? thanks

I tried. But I don't see any 'New Issue' button there after I logged in
to Jira.

Martin