ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Nappin, Chris (IT Services)" <Chris.Nap...@capita.co.uk>
Subject RE: How to disable the ivy cache
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:23:44 GMT
Hi,

  The files in ~/.ivy2/cache are xml, properties, xsl and css, including
a replication of my local repository (but with xml and properties files
instead of jars).

I've managed to disable the caching of jars, but how do I disable the
cache altogether?

Best Regards,

Chris Nappin
Technical Architect, Application Services
Mob:	07824 473044

-----Original Message-----
From: joshua.tharp@gmail.com [mailto:joshua.tharp@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Joshua Tharp
Sent: 20 October 2009 17:19
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to disable the ivy cache

What are the files in the ~/.ivy2/cache directory? The resolver will
still
put xml files and the like there to reduce further resolve overhead...

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Nappin, Chris (IT Services) <
Chris.Nappin@capita.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to use Ivy in a very simple way, to populate various
> "library" directories from a local repository hand built and under
> source control. Given this setup, a local cache becomes a waste of
time
> (and disk space).
>
> How can I disable use of a local cache? My ivy-settings.xml contains
the
> following, but I still get files written to ~/.ivy2/cache:
>
>    <property name="repository.dir" value="${basedir}/ivy-repo"/>
>
>    <!-- prevents copying artifacts from local repository to cache -->
>    <caches useOrigin="true"/>
>
>    <!-- only use the local repository -->
>    <settings defaultResolver="internal" validate="true"/>
>
>    <resolvers>
>        <!-- only use the local repository, never use ibiblio over the
> internet etc... -->
>        <filesystem name="internal" local="true" validate="true"
> checkmodified="true" changingPattern="*">
>            <ivy
> pattern="${repository.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/ivy.xml" />
>            <artifact

pattern="${repository.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[artifact]-[revision]

<http://www.capita.co.uk/>
> www.capita-its.co.uk <http://www.capita.co.uk/>
>
> 'Evolving a great Operational IT Service through OPSERV'
>

> This email and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee,
are
> strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not
the
> intended recipient any reading, dissemination, copying or any other
use or
> reliance is prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please
> notify the sender immediately by email and then permanently delete the
> email. Copyright reserved.
>
> All communications, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded and are
> monitored for legitimate business purposes.
>
> The security and reliability of email transmission cannot be
guaranteed. It
> is the recipient's responsibility to scan this e-mail and any
attachment for
> the presence of viruses.
>
> The Capita Group plc and its subsidiaries ("Capita") exclude all
liability
> for any loss or damage whatsoever arising or resulting from the
receipt, use
> or transmission of this email.
>
> Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author
only.

service.

This email and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee, are strictly confidential
and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient any reading, dissemination,
copying or any other use or reliance is prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender immediately by email and then permanently delete the email. Copyright
reserved.

All communications, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded and are monitored for legitimate
business purposes.

The security and reliability of email transmission cannot be guaranteed. It is the recipientís