ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Nappin, Chris (IT Services)" <Chris.Nap...@capita.co.uk>
Subject How to disable the ivy cache
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:45:43 GMT
Hi,

  I'm trying to use Ivy in a very simple way, to populate various
"library" directories from a local repository hand built and under
source control. Given this setup, a local cache becomes a waste of time
(and disk space).

How can I disable use of a local cache? My ivy-settings.xml contains the
following, but I still get files written to ~/.ivy2/cache:

    <property name="repository.dir" value="${basedir}/ivy-repo"/>

    <!-- prevents copying artifacts from local repository to cache -->
    <caches useOrigin="true"/>

    <!-- only use the local repository -->
    <settings defaultResolver="internal" validate="true"/>

    <resolvers>
        <!-- only use the local repository, never use ibiblio over the
internet etc... -->
        <filesystem name="internal" local="true" validate="true"
checkmodified="true" changingPattern="*">
            <ivy
pattern="${repository.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/ivy.xml" />
            <artifact
pattern="${repository.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[artifact]-[revision]
.[ext]" />
        </filesystem>
    </resolvers>

Best Regards,

Chris Nappin
Technical Architect, Application Services
OPSERV - IT Services
Mob:	07824 473044
Part of the Capita Group plc www.capita.co.uk <http://www.capita.co.uk/>
www.capita-its.co.uk <http://www.capita.co.uk/>

'Evolving a great Operational IT Service through OPSERV'

This email and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee, are strictly confidential
and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient any reading, dissemination,
copying or any other use or reliance is prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender immediately by email and then permanently delete the email. Copyright
reserved.

All communications, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded and are monitored for legitimate
business purposes.

The security and reliability of email transmission cannot be guaranteed. It is the recipientís
responsibility to scan this e-mail and any attachment for the presence of viruses.

The Capita Group plc and its subsidiaries ("Capita") exclude all liability for any loss or
damage whatsoever arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.