ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jaikiran <jai_forums2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: AW: Programmatic use of Ivy
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:34:17 GMT

Klaas,

You are right about the tight coupling with Ant properties. I spent some
time looking into the Ivy code and it definitely makes it difficult to use
it outside of the Ant tasks. Although, i could get the minimal
resolve/retrieve features working with some of the Ivy APIs (keeping Ant out
of the equation), there are some other APIs like the reporting ones which i
found almost impossible to use without those Ant properties.

As of now, i have documented the minimal set of APIs i got to work in the
wiki http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IVY/Programmatic+use+of+Ivy.
If anyone wants to add/edit there, feel free to do so. I might have to look
into some more APIs like the conflict resolution ones in the near future. I
hope those are usable!