ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From dreedyman <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically resolving dependencies
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:03:44 GMT

Maarten Coene wrote:

> The filter is is called after the resolve process to exclude some
> artifacts from being downloaded.
> In your case, it is the resolve process that fails, so Ivy won't start
> downloading the artifacts and won't call your filter.

Okay, that makes sense. However, it might be nice to be able to declare that
I want to exclude some dependencies and have Ivy not even consider them for
resolution. Is there a way for me to do that?

Sorry for the scope creep, but I do have another question on how to resolve
a maven artifact with a classifier. Can you provide guidance for this?

Maarten Coene wrote:

> Btw, I've committed a fix into SVN trunk to make Ivy accept this kind of
> POMs. Could you please give it a try and see if your circular dependency
> error has been fixed?

You dont have that as a snapshot in a maven repository do you? :)

If not I'll grab and it and build it

Thanks