ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From dreedyman <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically resolving dependencies
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 21:47:09 GMT

Maarten Coene wrote:

> Could you post a JIRA ticket for this circular dependency error, I think
> Ivy shouldn't fail on this if maven accept it.

As a way to keep moving I thought I would create a Filter and avoid the
offending artifacts from being selected. So I created an Exclusion filter,
and set it to the ResolveOptions prior to having the artifact resolved:

def confs = ["default"]
ResolveOptions resolveOptions =
            new ResolveOptions().setConfs(confs as
String[]).setArtifactFilter(new ExclusionFilter())
ResolveReport report = ivy.resolve(ivyFile.toURL(), resolveOptions)

I added some printlns in the ExclusionFilter, but it looks as if the filter
never gets called. Did I add it incorrectly?

Maarten Coene wrote:

> As far as I know, Ivy won't pick up the maven repositories inside the
> pom's, maybe you could open an enhancement request for it as well?

Okay, For now I'll do the parsing myself and add them. Would you recommend
that I add the remote maven repositories as a chain (create a ChainResolver
object), starting with the local maven repository first, then the declared
maven repositories? Then set the chain resolver as the default?

Maarten Coene wrote:

> And to answer your third question: the Ivy cache doesn't has a m2
> repository layout which means that for instance "org.rioproject" will be
> stored in ".ivy2/cache/org.rioproject" instead of
> "ivy2/cache/org/rioproject". I think there is an open feature request for
> this.

Okay.

Thanks Maarten