ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: Release time resolve ignoring integration versions
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:08:06 GMT
On Tue 2009-10-13 at 10:28h, Peter Oxenham wrote on ivy-user:
:
> *** The Problem ***
> The problem with this process is that if during the release process
> B is not first published to the shared repository, the publish of A
> will still succeed as it will pull the last integration build of B
> from the local repo.
>
> How do I get around this??

This is an instance of the more general problem that there is no
mechanism to detect or prevent dependencies on versions with lesser
status. Some people use custom scripts to check the dependencies
during publishing, I believe. It would be nice if one could specify
status constraints on dependencies that would work in the way that the
status in rev="latest.{status}" does, and for this constraint to
default to the module's own status.

-- Niklas Matthies