ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: Define dependency with set of valid configurations
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 13:06:28 GMT
On Mon 2009-10-05 at 10:26h, Patrik Nagel wrote on ivy-user:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way in Ivy to define a dependency with a set of valid
> configurations? In other words, I try to express that module X in
> configuration 'src' depends on module Y in configuration 'src_1' OR
> in configuration 'src_2' OR in configuration 'src_3'? Thus, module X
> depends on Y but can use any of the three defined configurations of
> Y.

This is not possible because there is no mechanism that would tell Ivy
which of src_1, src_2 or src_3 to pick. You probably need to split the
'src' configuration of module X into three configurations as well, so
that clients of X can decide which configuration of Y they want along
with X.

-- Niklas Matthies