ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Douglas Bullard <dbull...@nurflugel.com>
Subject Ivy Tools Suite now available!
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 00:17:49 GMT
I use Ivy daily in large projects, and it’s made life a whole lot
easier.  But I always felt it was lacking in tools for managing and
browsing repositories - so I wrote some.  A suite of tools, actually.
They’re all open-source, available on my Google Code project (Ivy-
Tools).

To download and use these (they’re all Java WebStart, requiring JRE
1.6+), go to my project page at: http://ivy-tools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/webstart/index.html

What are the tools?  There are four of them:

Ivy Browser - Search an Ivy repository for libraries, packages, and
versions by key words.  Click on a line in the UI to paste the needed
text into your Ivy file.

Ivy Builder - Easily add new items into your repository, and link the
dependencies to existing items.  Generates the repository XML file and
needed checksums.

Ivy Grapher - My favorite!  Graph your Ivy reports (in the .ivy
folder) to see what's not being used. Redundant or evicted revisions
called out by your ivy.xml file show up in red.  Example images are
visible on a link here.  Note that this application needs AT&T's
GraphViz viewer to be installed to work (OS X, Linux, and Windows) - http://www.graphviz.org/

  .

Ivy Formatter: - Easily format your Ivy files so they’re pretty.
Lines up all those orgs, modules, revs, etc.

Feedback is appreciated - bugs welcome.  This is a Google Code
project, so if you’ve got ideas, contributors are welcome.

Enjoy!

Douglas Bullard
Nurflugel.com