ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Troy Self" <ts...@bbn.com>
Subject RE: Impossible to resolve dependencies in local repository
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:55:59 GMT
Hi Guilluame,

Are you using the default ivysettings.xml in both cases? In other words, is it
possible that your ant build file believes the local repo to be in one place
while Eclipse believes another? It's strange that Ivy cannot resolve the
dependencies even after Ant found them successfully. IvyDE should just find them
in your cache at that point and not even go searching.

Are there other artifacts in your local repo that IvyDE is successfully finding?
One way to test would be to install a dependency from the public repository to
local. Then add that dependency to your ivy.xml file to see if IvyDE can find it
properly in your local. You'll want to clear your cache after doing the install
so that Ivy is force to search for the artifact. You'll also need to plant an
ivysettings.xml file there that only registers your local repository...otherwise
it will still find the dependency in public and you won't learn anything. Below
are the ant targets for copying and clearing the cache. After that is an
ivysettings.xml file you can use.

<target name="install"
    description="Install module from public to local">
  <ivy:install organisation="commons-lang"
      module="commons-lang"
      revision="1.0"
      from="public"
      to="local"
      overwrite="true"
      transitive="true" />
</target>

<target name="clean-cache" description="Cleans Ivy cache">
  <ivy:cleancache />
</target>

<ivysettings>
  <settings defaultResolver="local" />
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml" />
</ivysettings>

This isn't a solution, but it might help you track down the problem. If you can
resolve the copied dependency, but not your own, then maybe the ivy.xml files
for your published components are missing something that IvyDE wants.

-- tBs