ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Troy Self" <ts...@bbn.com>
Subject Publishing 3rd party libraries to local repo
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 12:04:56 GMT
Hello,

I am new to Ivy and am trying to setup a repository for my software team. I have
gone through all of the tutorials on the web site and have some questions.

Is there a tried and true approach for quickly creating repository entries for
3rd party libraries? I have used the ivy:install command to copy items that are
already in Ibiblio or ivyrep, but what is the approach when neither of those
public repositories have the library you want, or they don't have the latest
version? Some examples are the slf4j-api and slf4j-log4j libraries. My project
depends on the latest versions, which are not published publicly, so I'd like to
add them to my own repo. Do you setup a project for each library and then
ivy:publish them? Or do you just manually create ivy.xml files and carefully
establish the correct directory/file structure in your repo?

Is there a way to query for the configurations of a repository entry? In setting
up my own dependencies, I need to map my own confs to the dependency's confs.
Right now that requires browsing to the repository to find the ivy.xml files for
each dependency and reading them. Is there a way to query for details about a
particular artifact, including its confs?

Is there a best practices for defining the various confs for a project? There
seems to be some inconsistency between what 'runtime' and 'default' means across
different dependencies.

Thanks very much for any help,

-- tBs

Troy Self