ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Axelsson <Andreas.Axels...@combination.se>
Subject Configuring the cache artifactPattern or disabling caching completely
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:41:16 GMT
Hi all,

Using Ivy 2.1.0-rc2 I need to either disable the cache for all resolvers or change the artifactPattern,
but I can't find a property to change the default cache pattern and the best I've managed
to do with the <caches> tag is to produce a complaint from ivy, so I need some directions.

If I add a <caches> section to my settings file like this:

    <cashes default="test">
        <cache name="test" artifactPattern="[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/([folder]/)[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
    </cashes>

Nothing changes, the artifacts in the cache aren't put in the [folder], even though that attribute
is available in the published ivy file. Adding the useOrigin="true" attribute to <cache>
doesn't stop the resolver from using the cache, indicating that my test cache is not used.
If I also set the cache="test" attribute on the resolver(s), I get an error saying that "test"
is an unknown cache manager and that [default-cache] is the only one available.

The primary reason I need this solved is that I'm publishing a tree of files, not just a flat
structure, so the "folder" attribute above instructs Ivy to put each file in a sub-folder,
however the cache doesn't seem to care.

This works well for the resolver btw:

                      <property name="ivy.local.default.artifact.pattern" value="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/([folder]/)[artifact].[ext]"
override="false"/>

Also, I load the settings-file in Ant using the <ivy:configure> task.

Thanks for any insight,

/axl