ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jim Garrison <Jim.Garri...@troux.com>
Subject Ivy and Maven Repository with nth-level transitive dependencies in POMs
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:48:06 GMT
Ivy newbie here.

We have a fairly large project with dependencies on maybe 40 open-source packages available
from Maven (we have a local Nexus repository for caching).

Many of these open-source packages have their own dependencies, expressed in their POM files.
 From reading the Ivy docs, I believe I'm correct in stating that those dependencies, and
any further transitive dependencies, would not be processed by Ivy since Ivy doesn't do POMs.

Do I have to hand-build that web of dependencies, to ensure that all the required libraries
get retrieved, or is there a tool to POM dependencies into Ivy files, and maintain them as
the underlying POMs change?

Thanks in advance