ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Carlton Brown" <cbr...@silverpop.com>
Subject RE: How should latest-strategies aggregate revisions in a chain?
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 19:28:22 GMT
I found something odd when digging through the code... a ChainResolver
overrides the latest-strategy of its subresolvers only if the
latest-strategy name isn't "default" or null.

I don't understand what would be the reason behind this.   It seems
backward to me.

Here is the offending code in ChainResolver:

    private LatestStrategy setLatestIfRequired(DependencyResolver
resolver,
            LatestStrategy latestStrategy) {
        String latestName = getLatestStrategyName(resolver);
        if (latestName != null && !"default".equals(latestName)) {
            LatestStrategy oldLatest = getLatest(resolver);
            setLatest(resolver, latestStrategy);
            return oldLatest;
        } else {
            return null;