ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Willem Verstraeten <willem.verstrae...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring the cache artifactPattern or disabling caching completely
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 12:26:11 GMT
> If I add a <caches> section to my settings file like this:
>

>    <cashes default="test">
>        <cache name="test" artifactPattern="[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/([folder]/)[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
>    </cashes>

The caches tagname is misspelled as cashes, perhaps that is the source
of your problems.

I haven't yet read the rest of your post, thought I'd just point out
this mistake quickly.

2009/9/18 Andreas Axelsson <Andreas.Axelsson@combination.se>:
> Hi all,
>

> Using Ivy 2.1.0-rc2 I need to either disable the cache for all resolvers or change the
artifactPattern, but I can't find a property to change the default cache pattern and the best
I've managed to do with the <caches> tag is to produce a complaint from ivy, so I need
some directions.

> If I add a <caches> section to my settings file like this:
>

>    <cashes default="test">
>        <cache name="test" artifactPattern="[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/([folder]/)[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
>    </cashes>
>

> Nothing changes, the artifacts in the cache aren't put in the [folder], even though that
attribute is available in the published ivy file. Adding the useOrigin="true" attribute to
<cache> doesn't stop the resolver from using the cache, indicating that my test cache
is not used. If I also set the cache="test" attribute on the resolver(s), I get an error saying
that "test" is an unknown cache manager and that [default-cache] is the only one available.

> The primary reason I need this solved is that I'm publishing a tree of files, not just
a flat structure, so the "folder" attribute above instructs Ivy to put each file in a sub-folder,
however the cache doesn't seem to care.

> This works well for the resolver btw:
>

>                      <property name="ivy.local.default.artifact.pattern"
value="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/([folder]/)[artifact].[ext]" override="false"/>