ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From stephenh <step...@exigencecorp.com>
Subject defaultconf and defaultconfmapping
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:56:12 GMT

Hi,

Just posting a thought...I expected defaultconf and defaultconfmapping to be
usable together.

E.g. if I did:

<dependencies defaultconfmapping="A->a;B->b" defaultconf="A">

I could list a dependency without a conf on it:

<dependency org="foo" name="bar" rev="1" />

And, without a conf on the dependency, defaultconf would kick in and say A,
then have the mapping applied, so I'd end up with the foo.bar dependency's
implied conf being A->a.

As it is now, if I leave off the dependency conf, I'm getting an implied
conf of A->a;B->b.

I'd like to be able to give a default mapping for B, but not have it applied
to dependencies unless I explicitly reference it, e.g.:

<dependency org="foo" name="onlyforb" rev="1" conf="B">

Then the implied conf would be B->b.

Perhaps there are reasons it cannot work that way, but I thought I'd just
throw out that that is what seems intuitive to me. For now I can just put up
with providing an explicit conf="A" on all of my non-B dependencies to keep
them from leaking into the B configuration.

Thanks,
Stephen