ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From efe4itcc <efe4i...@gmail.com>
Subject IvyRoundup: Problem with packager resolver
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 21:52:31 GMT

Hi

When using packager resolver and ivyroundup for resource that must be
downloaded manually (for instance oracle jdbc driver) I get a
UnknownHostException.

The files are copied from java.io.tmpdir to the packager build dir as
described here:
http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/modules/com.oracle/ojdbc/10.2.0.4/packager.xml

Extract:
<resource tofile="artifacts/jars/ojdbc14.jar"
url="file://${java.io.tmpdir}/ojdbc/${revision}/ojdbc14.jar"

The URLs is this file won't work on Windows, as they should be in the
following form: file:///${java.io.tmpdir}  (3 dash instead of 2)

This will work on Windows (result value is
"file:///c:/doc&settings/user/temp")
I do not have a UNIX box to check if it still works (result value would be
"file:////tmp"), but I doubt so having read the following references

1/  http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6351751  on
Evaluation

"However, the spec for File.toURI is very clear that for a file URL, the
authority component is null"

2/ http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt on page 16

 When authority is not present, the path cannot begin with two slash
   characters ("//")

The following are two example URIs and their component parts:

         foo://example.com:8042/over/there?name=ferret#nose
         \_/   \______________/\_________/ \_________/ \__/
          |           |            |            |        |
       scheme     authority       path        query   fragment
         urn:example:animal:ferret:nose

Looks like using the syntax url="file://${java.io.tmpdir}" will either work
on unix or on windows.
If I am not mistaken, it would be better to write
url="${manual.install.dir.as.file.url}" in the packager.xml file and let the
user define the appropriate value.

Regards