ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tom Widmer <tom.wid...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Depedencies in shared repository
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:09:55 GMT
Paul Grenyer wrote:
> Hi
>
>> if it finds your jar and complains about commons-lang then it means
>> that the ivy.xml file is probably ok and the your resover works (good)
>> and I'm willing to bet it's warning that it can't find commons-lang in
>> your resolvers (i.e., it knows to look but can't find it anywhere that
>> it has been specified to look).  I think that you either need to
>> (1)create a chain and add ibiblio to it or (2) add you resolver to to
>> the shared chain (see below).
>
> All sorted now. See my other email. :-)

Note that you should use ivy:publish rather than ivy:install to publish
your own artifacts to your own repository. Unlike ivy:install, it
doesn't rely on a source repository, and doesn't install the
dependencies into the target repository, only the actually published module.

ivy:install is for copying modules (and their dependencies) between
repositories - e.g. for making a local enterprise repository for holding
3rd party modules.

Tom